Monday, May 8

AI Competition Early Info

So I had a few takers for the Zombology AI competition, so here's an early cut of what I'm thinking. I will write a game harness that plays the game and calls into the Player class periodically for state changes and decisions. I will write an abstract Player class that does all of the state change stuff - the entrants will need to subclass the Player class and implement the decisions however they see fit. I will try to make it so that they only have the information a human player would have at that point, so it's fine to remember cards you've seen earlier in the draft, but you shouldn't be able to see cards you've not yet received in the draft. If you wish to remember any state between decisions and turns, that's fine, but you are NOT allowed to make any state changes at all (I've implemented all of that in the base class).

Here's a link to the latest rules of the game, and a link to a zip file containing all the classes you need to implement your subclass of Player, including an example subclass RandomPlayer that will just act entirely at random! In a couple of weeks I hope to share the full code of the solution (once I've written it!) including unit tests for the methods you have to implement in the derived class.

That should be enough to get started with, and is enough for you to get thinking about it, and ask any questions you have (and potentially spot all my bugs!).

Thanks to everyone who has shown an interest in this!

No comments: